EMPIRE TOWN BULLETIN BOARD
AGENDAS AND MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION
The official announcement of all meetings and agendas will continue to be through the newspaper and direct mailing. This page has been added as a service to the town residents. Every effort will be made to post meeting agendas and announcements in a timely manner.
August 14 Primary Election
If you already are not aware of it, there will be a Primary election held on Tuesday August 14th. This is one of those confusing ones as you can only vote within one party. If you vote for one candidate in one party, you cannot “cross over” and vote for any candidate in another party. If you will need one, I have absentee ballots available now. You will have to submit a GAB-121 form to me before I can send a ballot. A fillable form is available gab.wi.gov. Fill it out and send to me.
You cannot go to the City/County building and get an absentee ballot. You have to request it from me.
If you are new to the Town or just turned 18 you can contact me to register to vote.
The Governor recall election turnout was huge in the Town. 101 new voters were registered bringing the total registered voters in the Town to 2030. 1664 people voted so the turnout of registered voters was 82%. Hopefully you will take the time to vote August 14th.
Mike Morgan - Clerk
W3897 4th St. Rd.
Draft Working Lands Ordinance
Attached is a draft copy of the draft working lands ordinance. This ordinance replaces the current Farmland Preservation zoning regulations and will affect land currently zoned as Exclusive Agriculture. At the next Planning commission meeting, currently not scheduled, the commissioners will be considering the following:
1. Decide whether 1 acre should be the minimum allowed size for a nonresidential parcel within the Exclusive Agricultural Farmland Preservation District (the 1:20 ratio). If not, what number would the Town prefer?
2. Decide whether the minimum lot size of 35 acres in the Transitional Ag District should be lowered (20 acres?).
3. Decide whether the minimum lot size of 10 acres in the General Ag Distinct should be lowered (5-8 acres?).
4. Decide whether the Town will impose a supplementary conversion fee on all rezones out of Exclusive Ag/Farmland Preservation. If so, should the fee be $100 as indicated in the draft or another number?
5. Identify a process for determining which parcels currently zoned Exclusive Ag will be retained as Exclusive Ag/Farmland Preservation. For those that will be rezoned, which district will they be zoned to?
6. Identify the zoning districts on the updated zoning map consistent with the revised ordinance (and Comprehensive Plan).
Oil Filter Disposal Ban
The state of Wisconsin has instituted a ban on the disposal of oil filters. Please review the details of the ban.